Saturday, January 12, 2013



Some time ago in the midst of a crisis, I fell before the Lord in desperation searching for answers to my inability to trust God and have faith.  He spoke to my heart a basic principal that had at the time had been guiding my life.  The Lord said; "You do not trust me because you do not truly believe that I love you.  When you accept that I love you beyond all you think that you know of love, then you will be able to trust me."

I asked the Lord, "How can I know that you love me?"

"Believe my Word.  Believe who the Word says that I am"  

The first thing that came to mind was "God is Love"...and the little song I use to sing as a child.
              
              “Praise Him, Praise Him, all ye little children
              God is Love, God is Love"

I cannot explain how profound the reality of God's Love swept over me at that moment.  I finally grasped the root of my unbelief and my lack of trust.  I had not fully grasped the concept of God's unwavering, and unconditional love.  

I don't know why I have suffered the things I have suffered.  Some difficulties have been a result of my own poor choices in life, and some were inflicted upon me just because "life happens".  The source of the suffering is not what is important, but it is our relationship to God the Father in the midst of our sorrow that weighs in eternally.


No comments:

Post a Comment